RIBA Chartered Practice

Why should I employ a designer who is part of a RIBA Chartered Practice?

There are many reasons why it is a good idea to use an appropriately qualified Architect to do your refurbishment, extension, loft conversion or new build house design work. Some of these are as follows:
  1. they will have spent at least seven years training for the job as an architect – a first 3 year degree (RIBA Part 1), a year of experience in practice, a 2 year post graduate diploma (RIBA part 2) and a further in practice with examinations to gain the RIBA Part 3 qualification.
  2. they will be appropriately experienced – many architectural practices specialise is certain types of work. We have many friends in practices who do commercial offices, school, hospitals etc. At PPA Architecture we specialise in home extensions, loft, renovations and new houses.
  3. they are regulated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB) – these bodies ensure that professional standards are maintained
  4. they have professional indemnity insurance – in the unlikely event of a major issue all Architects in practice must maintain an appropriate levels of cover for the size of projects. At PPA Architecture Ltd our level is insurance is £2M as we currently undertake projects from £20,000 to £2M.
  5. they have to keep their professional skills current through continuous professional development (CPD)

25 years experience as a refurbishment, extension, loft conversion and new build Architect

At PPA Architecture, not only are we appropriately trained and qualified, we have 25 years post-qualification experience with domestic architecture and design so you can be sure that you are getting the right consultant for your project.
You wouldn’t employ a ‘partly qualified’ person to work on your teeth or your car, so why would you do so on your most valuable asset – your home.